100% Knowledge of Fulfillment at CeMAT-2019
On September 24, representatives of companies related to e-Commerce took an active part in the panel session "Open dialogue on fulfillment industry in Russia" in the conference hall №1 "Big arena" of Crocus Expo pavilion.
The event was held within the framework of CeMAT-2019, the 10th exhibition of warehouse equipment and systems, handling equipment and warehouse automation (September 24-26, Moscow).
The discussion was attended by more than 100 heads of logistics departments of trade and manufacturing companies, logistics operators.
Partners of the panel session: ACEX logistics Alliance, New Clever Things company.
Moderator of the panel discussion: Board Director of ACEX Alliance Miroslav Zolotarev.
The following speakers, experts in the field of e-commerce presented their reports:
- ACEX Alliance Board Director Miroslav Zolotarev.
- Managing Director of Westwing Russia Michael van Kempen.
- Executive Director of Gofrotrade LLC Igor Lebedev.
- Expert on ensuring efficiency in logistics Heywood Gaspard.
- Managing partner of M. A. Research, member of the Council of the Logistics Operators Guild, Ph. D. Lyudmila Simonova.
- Head of the engineering group at SSI SCHAEFER Dmitry Ellin.
The following issues were considered during the discussion:
- Fulfillment development in Russia. Market analytics and prospects.
- Construction of the fulfillment center activity. Financial features and infrastructure investments. Innovation and improvement from the past to the present.
- How to effectively organize the processing of various goods in the fulfillment center. Practical cases on the processing of goods complex groups on the example of household goods and fresh food. Features of delivery for these categories of goods.
- Change of fulfillment service provider: reasons, preparation for change of fulfillment service provider. Set up new processes, procedures, and open a delivery center. Features of packaging online orders: international practices and Russian realities. Packaging 2.0: applying innovation and automation.
- Design and layout of the fulfillment center warehouse. Tips by "experienced": how to choose the right equipment and establish infrastructure; how to effectively build processes and routing.
- At the panel discussion, specific solutions were proposed, best practices for retailers from key industry experts were shown. Speakers offered their recommendations on how to choose the right supplier and how to organize effective warehouse engineering.
First Worldwide Logistics ACEX Alliance Board Director Miroslav Zolotarev commented: "In my opinion, it was an interesting session. I thank all the speakers for their interesting speeches. Special thanks to our partners at the organization of the session: Alexander Shelkovskoy of NCT company, the ideologist of the program Wouter van der Wiel. We tried to make an advertising-free session, to describe conceptually what "fulfillment" is, its tasks. I hope that we have succeeded. Who could not attend, watch the live video".